It’s Hike-A-Thon day! After years of HOT hikes, we’re in for a treat – low to mid 70’s all morning (even high 60’s for some)! It’s a bit foggy right now but that should burn off by 10:00 when the helicopter needs to take off.
We’ll let your volunteers know if the schedule changes.
The weather forecast has changed in our favor! So very excited to see “Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 79F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.”
Have a wonderful Independence Day, and see you on Monday!
Long-range forecast is not great, but don’t worry! This time of year the weather changes every day, so we’re still hopeful for a clear morning. We’ll post an update on Friday, July 2, after talking to the helicopter pilot.
New consideration – because of the gypsy moth infestation, many of the Hike-A-Thon site summits are bare. Therefore be prepared for less (or no) shade – bring a hat, sunscreen, and expect a warmer than usual rest stop while waiting for the helicopter.